Skip to main content
During a flood
- Do not walk through moving water. Even 6 inches of moving water can knock down an average sized adult.
- Do not drive into flooded areas.
- If caught in a flood in your vehicle, climb to the roof of your car, and stay with it. Do not try to swim through the flooded area.
In the case an evacuation is called
- Secure your home. Turn off utilities at main valves and switches if you are able to do so (Electricity, gas, water, sewer, etc).
- Disconnect electrical appliances. (Do not do any of this if you are standing in water or are wet)
- Do not return to your home until emergency authorities have indicated it is safe to return.