What to do in Natural Disasters
Tillamook County lies in an area likely to be affected by a medium to large earthquake from the Cascadia Subduction zone. An earthquake from this fault could likely cause an earthquake at or above 9.0, followed by a Tsunami as soon as 10 minutes after. Tillamook County has also been known to have floods and very strong wind storms sometimes reaching gale force winds.
Other natural disasters are always a possibility, however unlikely.
It is always best to be prepared ahead of time and know what to do in the case of any natural disaster.
For up-to-date information, consult these resources:
- Emergency Weather Notifications: Watches, Warnings and Advisories
- Issued by the Portland Weather Forecast Office
- Pacific Northwest Earthquakes
- West Coast & Alaska Tsunami Center
- Pacific Northwest Volcanic Activity
Tillamook County River Levels