What to do before an emergency occurs:
- Make sure your address is clearly visible on the outside of your house, and at the street access of your driveway so that emergency services can find it.
- Teach your children about dialing 9-1-1.
- Write your address out in large print and keep it near your phone. Even if you know your address perfectly, children, babysitters, or guests may not.
- Keep the phone at an easy to reach level for kids
- Keep cellular phones locked when not in use, as the '9' key or emergency button can be accidentally pressed and dial 911.